Weddings come in all sizes and shapes, traditions, styles and expressions. On this rare occasion, I had the pleasure of being invited into a private ceremony where the only people in the room other then the Bride and Groom was the Justice of Peace, and myself. My self being on the quieter side, I appreciated their decision process to hold a private ceremony. I remember how one of the most difficult part of the wedding planning was the guest list, rsvp count, and guest seating chart.
In all honesty, I was excited on many aspects.
1. Mary and Richard approached me very directly, and shared about who they were, and why they picked me as their wedding photographer: and I liked all of the above. I don’t recall needing to ‘sell’ my services to them, they picked me all on their own before we ever met!
2. I wouldn’t be dealing with other guests’ camera flashes getting in way, or a demanding wedding day schedule.
3. This was a unique wedding, different from most wedding styles I have covered.
4. It was at the beautiful Fairmont Copley, in Boston.
5. Mary and Richard wanted the photography to help their friends and family to feel like they were there. So I knew the photo were meant to be shared.
6. It was my first day of being a full time photographer! (more on that later
Allow me to introduce Mary and Richard!
I’d share the story of how they met and so forth, but I’m going to respect their privacy~ =)